Kale and Sweet Potato Salad
This is a super easy, tasty salad that can be enjoyed as a lunch entree or a dinner side salad. I roasted the sweet potato earlier in the day so it was already cooled and ready to be tossed into the salad. Kale and sweet potatoes are loaded with Vitamins A, C, and K and are high in antioxidants. The pepitas add in a healthy dose of immune boosting zinc and good fats which makes this salad a nutritional powerhouse.
1 bunch lacinato kale
1 small roasted sweet potato
2 tbs pumpkin seeds
2 tbs olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
squirt of honey
salt and pepper to taste
1. De-stem kale and chop into bite sized pieces and toss into a large bowl
2. Whisk all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl then massage it into the kale to soften it
3. Dice up the roasted sweet potato into bite sized chunks and add it to the kale
4. Place pumpkin seed in a small sautéed pan over medium heat and toast until they are browned
5. Let the pumpkin seeds cool then add them to the salad and enjoy!